Monday, September 9, 2013

Mon.’s Devo. - Put On Christ

Read Ro. 13:10-14 We are not to bring harm to our fellow Christians. Once again he tells us that to love is to do the law. (If only the people of the Old Testament had known this). It does sound easy, but it is not always. That is why the next verse tells us it is time to wake up out of our spiritual slumber. If we are going to be children of the light then we need to not walk in the dark but put on the armor of light. We know that this is the armor talked about in Eph. 6. But, just in case we didn’t, verse 14 explains it even better. We are to put on Jesus. How do we do that? I want to jump up and down and shout “JESUS IS INSIDE US!” This is the best kept secret of Christians. If we really realize that we don’t have to walk this Christian life on our own - Jesus is in us. Whenever I need a creative idea, which happened yesterday, I just remind myself that the creator of the universe is inside me. Then I ask Him what to do. He always amazes me. I think I shared with you that God led me to write a book. It is called “Sarah’s Story” and it is about a girl in high school who finds herself pregnant and alone in a new city. She is a Christian and through the book, she learns to walk with God. It is an amazing story… I can say that because I promise, I didn’t write it. I would sit down to type out my ideas and my hands would type God’s ideas. I was just the vehicle God wanted to use to get this girl’s story out. Yesterday, I was thinking about the cover of the book and decided I would try to paint the cover. I sort of had an idea, but when I sat down and asked God to do it, he did something totally different. It’s perfect! I can’t wait to let you know when it will be out. Hopefully, before Christmas! Lord, today, help us to put you on and not make any fleshly decisions.

No comments: