Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thurs.’s Devo - Ask, Seek, and Knock

Read Luke 11:5-10 Jesus gave them a parable to explain more about prayer: If a friend came to you at midnight, got you out of your bed and gave you a story about needing 3 loaves of bread for his soon-to-arrive company what would you do? If you sent him away and he kept coming back waking you up, wouldn’t you just give him the bread to make him leave you alone? Sure you would. That is how Jesus explained the power of prayer. If you don’t ask, you won’t get - even if you think you are bothering God or you don’t deserve it. I can so relate with this parable because I feel like sometimes my prayers are just like that. I should have prepared beforehand and had the bread. I should just wait till the next day but I want to impress my guest today. I am impatient and selfish sometimes in my prayers. I often ask God to rescue me in something that I should have been better prepared and handled myself. But notice that Jesus never made a comment about any of this. He just wanted to tell them to ask, no matter what and God will give it to you. That goes for seeking and knocking too. I have asked God for answers I didn’t think I was suppose to know and he told me. Shock! I am no one he should reveal mysteries to but because I asked and sought it, he responded. I think God wants to give us more than we want to ask and he wants to reveal more than we want to seek. He wants to open doors we don’t even know are there. We just need to learn to ask, seek, and knock. Lord, help us to do just that no matter if we think we deserve your help or not - that is a no brainer!!!

No comments: