Monday, March 25, 2013

Mon.’s Devo - The Kingdom of God is Greater

Read Luke 11:14-22 I laughed the first time I read this: “and he was casting out a devil, and it was dumb.” Aren’t all demons dumb? Then I read it again and realized that the devil was a spirit that took the man’s speech away. Lol! When Jesus cast it out, the man could talk and the people were in awe. Then had never seen anything like this happen and when it did they tried to figure it out. They decided that he was casting out this spirit through Beelzebub, the chief of the devils so Jesus had to give them a lesson on demonology 101. He explained that a kingdom whether it is God’s kingdom or Satan’s kingdom can not be divided against itself or it will not continue to rule. Then he explained that if they accused him of casting out demons by Beelzebub then how do they know their people haven’t been casting out devils by Beelzebub. Then Jesus said a profound statement: “But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.” That was the essence of the kingdom of God - that it was the supreme kingdom that was coming to overthrow the kingdom of the world - Satan’s kingdom. That is why Jesus was met with such opposition. He was drawing battle lines. Jesus went on to give a parable about a kingdom that lived in peace till a stronger kingdom came and pierced through its protective armor and divided all his goods. Jesus was the stronger power coming to break down Satan’s walls and give back everything he had stolen. I got to experience a little of that this week. I found a lump in both my breasts this week. I had just gotten a notice that it was time to have my yearly mammogram so I called immediately and told them what was up. Dave and I both prayed and believed that it was going to be OK. I had total peace, even when they told me I would have to stay and have an ultrasound. I sat in the waiting room with another lady who was waiting for the same thing. She was a Christian and she was proclaiming her healing also. A much younger lady came in and eventually we were alone. I could sense she was apprehensive so I asked her if she was afraid. She was and started crying. I was able to tell her that she was covered with the blood of Jesus and that she was going to be OK. She had 3 sons also. My tests came out perfectly OK and I know the other ladies did also. Lord, your kingdom has come to earth and I choose to live in it. May we not be afraid of Satan’s kingdom but realize we are here to spoil its power through You.

No comments: