Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sat.’s Devo - My Batman Car

I don’t always blog on Saturday, but felt led to write today. I want to share this with you to open your heart to our Father’s great love for us and how he loves to play with us. God speaks to me often in dreams, so I take my dreams serious. I keep a journal by my bed where I write down the dreams I remember even if they are crazy. I wrote back in July that I dreamed my car was totaled. A week later I dreamed I was getting a new car. Then several months went by and I dreamed my son, Josh walked up and handed me his keys. I went to get in his car and it was the Batmobile! I was shocked because I didn’t know he drove the Batmobile. I was amazed at how easy it was to drive and how I knew what to do. It was great until I tried to turn off the main road and turn around. I ended up stuck. When I woke up I felt like the Lord was telling me to get a car with all the bells and whistles and not deviate from that. I know that we serve an extravagant God, but my husband is not quite as free-falling as I am in my faith, so I knew he would be the roadblock. I shared the dream with him and waited. To confirm my dream, I got an e-mail the next day from a lady in my community group that started: “Holy rusted nails!” For those of us old enough to remember, that is a saying from the Batman series. I couldn’t believe she was using Batman terms! I had no idea what car God had in mind for my Batmobile, but I started noticing cars. One day I was out shopping and I saw this new white Lincoln MKX that I thought was beautiful. Later that day I was at a red light and noticed the car in front of me. It was a new white MKX. So, I started researching on line. The only car I went to look at was a Lexus because someone suggested I look at them. I loved all its tricks but I still didn’t know what God wanted me to do. On New Years Eve, I had gone back to sleep to see if God would give me a dream to tell me what to do. I was rudely awakened by the phone ringing. It was the man from the Lincoln place wanting me to look at this preowned MKX. We had been e-mailing. It was cold and rainy but he told me if I would come, he would make it worth getting out in the weather. When I got there he told me to leave my car with him and drive his car all day. It was black and really nice. I drove it and while I was out I passed a place that said Batman Auto! How fun of God! I still wanted to look at the new ones so when I got back he told me he had also priced a new white one! I smiled to myself and asked him to go with me on a test drive. We took it out and he showed me all the updated bells and whistles. I called Dave from the car and told him I had found my car. I was getting the new one. He said, “Now, why does that not surprise me?” So, God brought me full circle back to what he had for me. God is an extravagant God who loves to bless his children. If you are listening, he is talking. He loves to play! Jeremiah 33:3 Thank you Lord, for your extravagant love!!!

No comments: