Friday, October 28, 2011

Fri.'s Devo - God is in Control

Read Isa. 51:1-8
To all those who run after what is right and look to God: we were taken from the pit of Satan and carved from the rock of Jesus. What a transformation! We were put in a family with an inheritance and blessed. In the midst of desolation and destruction God will comfort us. He will cause us to bloom in the most unfruitful places and give us gladness and joy and a song to sing. God brought about judgment on the earth and a light to us in the salvation he brought through Jesus. People will live and die until time is over and then God will do away with both heaven and earth, but his salvation will last for ever. So for us now, we should not be afraid of what is happening on the earth or of man, because his days are short and God is forever in control. I love how God communicates his watch over us. I was concerned because I have a deadline for some curtains and my material hadn't come yet. I was expecting it to be there during the day and now it was after 7 at night. I was fighting being anxious. Dave and I had just sat down on the couch to pray. Dave said, "Lord thank you for your peace..." As soon as he said the word "peace" the door bell rung and I knew that the ups man had brought my fabric! Peace was manifested in my heart. Thank you, Lord. Thank you that your timing is right on time and your plan for the earth is perfect and right.

No comments: