Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thurs.'s Devo - We Live By Faith

Read John 7: 30-34
I love how there seemed to be a magnetic force around Jesus. Noone could penetrated it till God said they could. They tried to take Jesus but couldn't because it was not his time yet. I bet that was interesting to watch. Many of the people believed on him because they saw the miraculous power Jesus possessed. The Jews got jealous over all the popularity Jesus seems to be getting and once again tried to take him but Jesus' words stopped them. "I'll be with you a little while longer, then I'm going back to the one who sent men and though you look for me, you won't find me, and further more you can't come where I am going." That stumped the Jews. Where could he possible hide that they wouldn't be able to find him? Maybe with the Gentiles. And where could he go that they wouldn't be able to come. Jesus always taught in riddles but he wasn't just speaking to them, he was speaking to us right now. He speaks to eternity. This is the message he gives to the unbelieving but to the believing he says, "I'll be with you forever, I will never leave you. You may come where I am going and when you seek me I will be found of you. I have gone ahead of you to prepare a place for you so that you can be where I am forever." It is still puzzling to us how all this is going to happen but we have learned that putting faith in a God we can't see gives hope that carries us through whatever this life has to offer or throw at us.
Yesterday I was at Wal-mart and a man in line was telling me about how bad his life was: broken relationship, returning cancer, etc. He finally said, "You know, life just happens." And I responded, "Yes, but God is bigger than life." He stopped and thought about that for a second and said, "Yes, I guess he is."
Lord, thank you that you are the answer to all life's problems. You really have gone before us and you will be forever with us.

No comments: