Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday's Devo - Words of Knowledge

I Co. 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
I have made mention several times this week about a word of knowledge and realized that that may not be something you have been taught much about so I decided to explain what it is and how it works. A word of knowledge is a piece of information that someone tells you about yourself that there is no way they would have access to that unless God had given it to them. Isaiah 11:2 prophesies about Jesus and it says, "and the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord." These are the 7 spirits of God: the Lord himself, wisdom, understanding, counsel, might, knowledge, and the fear of the Lord. They work in pairs so the sprit of knowledge brings the fear of the Lord. If someone walked up to you that you didn't know and told you something about yourself that only you and God knew wouldn't you have the fear of God? When Jesus spoke to Nathanael and told him he saw him under the fig tree that was a word of knowledge. Jesus didn't actually see him under the fig tree, he saw that in his spirit. But the gift of knowledge that he used totally changed Nathanael's heart. Think of how powerful that gift can be to bring people to salvation. It is the "power of God to salvation". All of God's gifts are to be used to bring God glory and to draw people to salvation.
I have seen the word of knowledge all through my life but the most powerful one was about 28 years ago. I went to hear a man speak who had a prophetic gift. When he finished speaking he walked straight up to me and read the book of my life. I had never seen him before and he was right on. I was amazed and totally convinced that God uses it today.
Lord, I pray that you would give us the gift of knowledge that we can speak into people's lives that need a sign that you are a God who is intimately aquainted with them and cares for them.

No comments: