Sunday, April 8, 2018

Sun.’s Devo - Steadfast Faith

Read: Deuteronomy 32:28-52; Luke 12:35-59; Psalm 78;56-64; Proverbs 12:24
Today we read about what happened to Israel that God turned away from them. They had no discernment. Discernment is the ability to know what is evil and what is holy. They had lost theirs. God would let them go their own way till their own way killed them, then they would cry out to him and he would rescue them. Then God will take vengeance on his enemy, the devil.
After Moses read the words of this song to them, he told them to memorize the law because it would be their very life. Moses would die before entering the promised land and many of them would do the same spiritually.
Luke reminds us to stay dressed for service and keep our lamp burning. Dressed for service means our hearts are always ready to do whatever God asks us whenever that may be. We can’t decide we are just not in the mood to minister because we are tired or just not feeling it. The way we stay motivated is to keep the Holy Spirit alive in our hearts. We have to stir ourselves up constantly. I do that by reading my Bible daily, listening to Christian music and great sermons, praying and enjoying my relationship with the Lord, and fellowshipping and loving people. When I feel the devil is talking to me and trying to discourage me I grab my Bible and find a Psalm and read it out loud. He usually doesn’t stay around too long after that.
Our Psalm tells the story too well about what happened to Israel. I pray that this will not happen to us and our nation.
Lord, bring revival to our land and the nations. May we return to you and make your our king. May President Trump have discernment and faith to stand against the enemy and stand for you.

No comments: