Sunday, November 13, 2016

Sun.’s Devo - Love Never Fails

Read: Galatians 3:24-6:18; Acts 15:1-21
The law was our instruction and protected us until the covenant of faith arrived through Christ. The law was the old covenant but faith became the new covenant. In Christ, we are all on the same level.
Paul accused the Galatians of being slaves to gods that do not even exist. How true is that of us. We can be slaves of other people’s opinions, our own fears and inferiorities, a future we have only imagined. I have found that when I find myself traveling down the tunnel of “what ifs” and fear I end up in torment and the crazy thing is I get all worked up over things that don’t manifest. Then, I am left with my wrong judgments. I have to remind myself that love is the greatest power and it never fails!
Living in bitterness and offense is living under the law and it brings slavery and death. Living in love is living under grace and it brings life. In the first one you lose sleep, can’t eat, and become sick. In the second one you can laugh, breathe freely and live in health. Which one do you want? It’s a no-brainer but it is still a battle because our old nature goes for the law and our new nature strives for grace.
Lord, let us chose grace and faith every time!

No comments: