Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tues.'s Devo - We are taking a Diversion Today!

Read 2 Chronicles 25:1-9 I am going to do something I don't usually do. I'm going to jump track and share something God showed me yesterday. A friend had called me the night before to pray for her. She felt like she had given her daughter the wrong advise and had really blown it. I tried to explain to her that we are not powerful enough to mess up God's will. God loves to redeem our messes and will if we only ask him. I've never had a situation that God couldn't fix even when there seemed to be no way. God makes a way where there seems to be no way. The next day I was reading in 2 Chronicles about King Amaziah. He became the new king of Judah and began to establish his kingdom by killing his enemies. He had 300,000 fighting men but decided he needed more so he hired 100,000 from Israel to fight with him. A prophet came to him and told him that God didn't want Israel fighting with them because God was not with Israel at the time because of their sin. He explained to the king that if he took the Israelites into battle God would fight against them. King Amaziah then asked the prophet what he should do about the 100 talents he had paid for the troops and the prophet answered that the Lord could give him so much more than that. That gave me such comfort that no matter the cost of my mistake, God can restore it. We all make mistakes but if our heart to is follow God, then he will have our back. Lord, thank you for your compassion and loving kindness. Your mercies have no end and they are NEW every morning.

No comments: