Monday, July 1, 2013

Mon.’s Devo - A Glimpse Into the Future

Read Job 19 Job pleads with his friends to stop tormenting him with their false accusations. Job realizes that God has done this to him. He has asked God why, and God is silent. God has humbled him and brought all this on him as if he was an enemy. Everyone on earth has abandoned him also. He’s not the same person to them and even my servants don’t obey him. His wife is repulsed by him and little kids talk against him. Everyone who once loved him, now despises him. Isn’t God’s persecution enough, Job asks. Why do his friends have to add to it? Then Job goes into prophecy. He wishes someone would write it down: One day the Redeemer will stand upon the earth. Even though this body I have now dies, I will have a new flesh and in it, I will see the Lord. Now, I am constrained by these natural eyes, but one day I will have new eyes to see God. Be sure, judgment is coming. Job saw ahead to another day when Jesus would come back this earth and we in our new bodies would rule and reign with him. Lord, in the midst of all we go through on this earth, let us keep eternity as our goal as Job did.

No comments: