Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tues.’s Devo - Prayer

Read Luke 18:1-8 Jesus gave them a parable about praying - not just praying but continually praying till you get the answer. There are many kinds of prayer and this is one. The parable was about a widow who had a request to bring before the judge. She kept coming back to the judge day after day pleading her cause till finally the judge got tired of dealing with her and he granted her request. Jesus said that if this unrighteous judge would do that, how much more will our righteous father answer our request if we continue to ask. He ends the parable with a question: “nevertheless when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on the earth?” The widow kept coming to the judge because she knew he had the power to help her. To keep asking God something means that we know that God alone has the power to change our circumstance. The more I grow in the Lord I find that I don’t use this type of praying as much as I do the prayer of faith. I know that God is the only one who has to the power to change anything in my life so I usually ask him once and consider it done, but lately I have had a problem that has been so over my head that I have talked to God about it so many times I know he is getting weary. Finally, I think I have the answer. It has been a process but by waiting to get his perfect wisdom, it has saved me a lot of money and time. God has promised to avenge his own elect and I am so grateful. Lord, we acknowledge the fact that we need you every minute of every day. You overwhelm us with your goodness.

No comments: