Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thurs.’s Devo- Your Kingdom Come!

Read: Job 16:1-19:29; 1 Corinthians 16:1-24; Psalm 40:1-10: Proverbs 22:1
I do love Job’s sense of humor. He calls his friends miserable comforters with their long-winded speeches. His defense is that he does hear God’s voice and he is blameless before God. I also love the fact that as low as Job is, he still has fight in him. He has not let his circumstances defeat him. Job thinks that God has done all this to him when really it is Satan that has done this. This is such a common conclusion when bad things happen. Our first response is to blame God when it is Satan who attacks and destroys. God brings life and restoration. God allows everything that happens in our lives but he doesn’t do the killing or the hurting. He is there to comfort and assist. Life is full of trials because we live in a fallen world, but when we understand that we are not under that curse we will sail above our circumstances.
Just yesterday, I had to order more fabric because I didn’t have enough for the last window. I had to pay for that out of my own money only to find out I didn’t need it because I had misread my notes and there where only five windows and not six. It was frustrating but I was reminded that this is small stuff compared to eternity and God was able to replace that money. What God was looking for was my attitude about it. I think I passed the test! I certainly hope so, LOL!
In Corinthians, Paul explains the difference between the natural and the spiritual. God does the natural first which is a picture of what is coming spiritually. Yesterday, I was at a clients house and the television was on the stock market station…boring! I listened as they were talking about Disney. They were saying that Disney had sold a piece of the Kingdom and they were trying to get it back. I heard Holy Spirit say, that is exactly what is going on in the spiritual realm. We have let the enemy have a piece of the kingdom and we are having to get it back. That is what is going on in our nation also. Pretty exciting!
Lord, help us to discern your voice and your dealings in our lives. Show us how to get the kingdom back in our lives and our nation. Your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven!

No comments: