Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thurs.’s Devo - The Beasts and The Book

Read: Rev. 5:1-5 It is a very daunting endeavor to try to blog Revelations, so let me reiterate something. I am just a seeker of truth, I don’t claim to have all truth, so, if you don’t agree with me, I probably won’t agree with me either in a year or so. I have found that revelation is forthcoming and it grows over time. I don’t agree with things I use to believe just a few years ago. This blog is just an attempt to dig and discover who God is and what He is wanting to tell us in his Word. I pray that my revelation will spur others on to seek the Word and get their own revelations. I did some research today about the four beasts and found something I think worthy of sharing, so here it is. God told Moses to place the tribes in a certain order when they camped and when they marched through the wilderness. The tabernacle was to be in the middle with the Camp of Judah on the east. The Camp of Judah consisted of three tribes whose Standard was a lion. The Camp of Ephraim camped on the west and they consisted of three tribes. Their Standard was an ox. Rueben camped on the South and consisted of three tribes whose Standard was a man. Dan camped in the north and his Standard was an eagle. No doubt, this was the position that John saw them standing around God’s throne which was the Tabernacle. Next, John saw God with a book that is full of words that are sealed. The angel wants to know who is worthy to open it. No one in heaven or on earth was worthy until the Lion of the tribe of Judah was mentioned. He had prevailed and could open the book. This was none other than Jesus. This book is the revelation of all the prophecies and all the mysteries of the Bible. It is God’s book of Redemption. So where is the bride at this time? She is raptured up. She is not mentioned again until Chapter 19. Lord, you offer blessings to all who read the book of Revelation. Bless our ears to hear what you are saying to your church.

No comments: