Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Great Expectations

Thinking back over my dream I have been asking God what am I submitting to that I need to stand up and throw off. Well, yesterday presented the answer. I had a situation where I did not meet someone's expectations. I had been so busy doing what I thought I was suppose to be doing and didn't reach out to this person like they expected me to. When they told me of their disappointment in me I was devastated. My first reaction was to be defensive but I know that only makes you look worse so I decided to just keep my mouth shut. (That is a hard one for me. Close to impossible.) Then I started to beat myself up inside. That wasn't good either so I dumped it in the Lord's lap. I felt much better so I called my prayer partner and got her to pray for me. She reminded me that "the wounds of a friend are faithful." Maybe the wounds I gave her were from God and were meant to do a work in her life that God needed to do. I surely hope so, noone wants to be used by the devil. I pray that she would heal and put her expectation in God and not in man.
For me, I knew I needed to throw off the mantle of unreal expectations of myself. I am not responsible to fix people nor do I have the ability to do so. I only have the power that God gives me to live a godly life and share His love to those around me. I will not bow to the enemy and take on a burden that is not mine to bear. We all mess up but we can get back up and fight. I choose to do just that.

No comments: