Friday, July 8, 2016

Fri.’s Devo - Remember

Read: Ps. 105, 106
Psalm 105 is all the things the Lord did for Israel. It is their story of deliverance - their salvation experience. It is a call to remember all God did for them in the past. God took one man, Abraham and made a mighty nation from him. God preserved his seed through famine and gave them provision through Joseph. When they were oppressed, he sent them Moses to deliver them with great show of God’s power. God did all this so they would follow his decrees and obey his instructions.
Psalm 106 is all the things Israel did to the Lord. They were not impressed with God’s great show of power and soon forgot his many acts of kindness. They chose to rebel at the Red Sea, but God chose to save them anyway. They quickly forgot what God had done during their walk through the wilderness and wouldn’t wait for his counsel. They refused to enter the promised land because they wouldn’t believe his promise to care for them. They chose to worship Baal. They refused to destroy the nations in the land, as God had told them to do, but instead they joined in their evil customs and religions.
Again and again God rescued them but they chose to rebel which ended in their death.
It is easy to sit in judgment of Israel but I have to point the finger at myself. How many times do I stumble and lose my hope when all I need to do is to remind myself of what God has done in the past and encourage my spirit. How many times do I refuse to destroy the demons of doubt and fear from my heart when God has told me over and over not to be afraid. I am just like the children of Israel in so many ways.
Lord, I repent of my doubt and unbelief. I totally rely on you to provide and move. I know what you have done for me in the past and I will dwell on those things.

No comments: