Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Weds.’s Devo - Our Place Of Refuge

Read: Ps. 61, 62, 64-67
I needed to read these today. I woke up in the middle of the night and felt overwhelmed over things I can’t control. I got up and read today’s verses and was reminded all the things I already knew but needed to hear again. I read: “I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.”
God has given us an inheritance of salvation, provision, abundant life that extends to our children and our children’s children on down the line.
David learned to wait quietly before the Lord and allow the victory to come. Our hope is only found in the Lord. In God’s fortress, we will not be shaken. In his refuge, no enemy can reach us. God says that the powerful people are not what they appear to be. If we put all the powerful people on a scales they wouldn’t amount to anything. That is great comfort in light of what is going on in the world and our nation right now. God is weighty and he has chosen us to put his weighty Spirit in. Because of that we are not lighter than air; we are substantial and powerful. God promises to shoot down the lies of the enemy. They will self-destruct. The only thing to fear is the Lord and He is on our side!
We can have joy because God draws us near to him. We live in God’s holy courts. God’s blessings and festivities await us inside his holy Temple. God faithfully answers our prayers with awesome deeds. So when we are overwhelmed, we can shout joyful praises to God and sing about the glory of his name. This makes the enemy cringe.
We have all gone through fiery trials and testings but God brings us to a place of great abundance. God never ignores our prayers and never withdraws his unfailing love from us.
Lord, we praise you for being our Creator and the finisher of our faith. It is your love that carries us through this life into eternity. May your praise always be on our lips.

No comments: