Saturday, October 4, 2014

Sat.’s Devo - Watchmen on the Wall

Read: Jer. 2:31-4:18; Col. 1:1-20; Ps. 76:1-12; Pr. 24:21-22 Jeremiah was a watchman on the wall, a prophet who watches and sees what is coming by the Spirit before it happens. He saw the siege of Jerusalem and warned the people. Every generation has watchers on the wall that warn the people of God what is happening. I had a dream last night that I believe is a prophetic warning. In my dream I was in high school and realized that I had a test to take second period that I had totally forgotten to study for. One of my fellow students walked up to me and told me she had memorized her notes for the test. She was ready. I was not. I decided to skip first period so I could study. I snuck back into the school to get my book out of my locker. It wasn’t there. I couldn’t find my notes in my car so I went to my first period class and the teacher had finished teaching and was letting them study for the test. I walked up to the first desk I came to and took the girls notes to read them. It was about forests and I got an image of big semi’s. She seemed to think this was important. I kept trying to decide whether to just take the test and guess which would probably get me a bad grade or fake sickness and go home and take it the next day. The problem was I still didn’t have anything to study. I woke up. I think God is showing us that in the Body there are people that have prepared for the harvest that is coming. In the Bible trees had to do with people so a forest had to do with many trees. The semi’s were filled with provision. We have been promised a huge harvest that is coming in. Are we prepared for it? The girl in my dream who was had memorized her book. We need to know God’s Word and put it to memory. There is nothing to fear about a test if you are prepared. They can actually be rewarding and fun when you know the material. We need to know our material. Lord, may we be filled with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding so that we might walk worthy of You and fruitful in every good work.

No comments: