Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday's Devo- Questions without the Answers

Yesterday Dave and I got up and left the house before 4 am to drive to the big city of Belton, Tx. to watch Daniel play football. It was cold and gloomy and so was the score. We lost 54 to 20 to the undefeated team of Mary-Hardin Baylor. We got home last night at 11:30 exhausted. But when you are on the road for hours you have time to figure out life's hard questions like who wrote the part of the Bible when Hagar went out in the wilderness with Ishmael to die? Who recorded the conversation between Cain and God when God asked Cain who killed Abel? I don't have the answer but I will offer a stab. I have noticed these men in linen all through the Bible. It's like they are God's priesthood that come down to earth and do God's bidding. They are watchers in Jeremiah and Daniel and in Jeremiah they have inkhorns and are writers. Sometimes they even got caught watching like the one in Mark 14:52. He fled naked leaving his linen cloth behind. Did these Godly priests write down all those intimate moments where noone was around? I don't know, but its an option. But then, who did they give these journals to? I don't know that either. So I guess long trips bring out the questions only, not the answers. Have fun thinking about this one and if you get it figured out let us all know.

No comments: